2.12.2008

I sing to my God

I forgot how much I love Matisyahu.  And then I saw something on tv in passing about orthodox Jews and it inspired me to start listening to him again.  I love Jews.  And God.  But I'm not a Jew.  I'm a ... well I'm not exactly sure.  I don't consider myself religious, but spiritual.  

I need to get my camera fixed.  And I keep complaining about my broken camera.  But I really want a new fancy one.  But that is ridiculous because the world doesn't need another oh-my-God-photography-is-like-my-new-passion-let-me-buy-an-expensive-camera-and-pretend-to-be-good person.  So I'll stick with my cute little regular camera and take pictures of me and my friends giggling and not care if the lighting is right or if we are posed correctly.

Technology has made everyone a photographer.  And everyone is the star of their own photography studio.  Narcissism... but a weird kind.  It's strange sometimes to think about.  Just because I'm part of this odd movement too.  It's the kind of strange like when you say a word over and over again and then suddenly you think that word couldn't possibly represent that thing.  toaster.  toaster.  toaster.  toaster.  Try it.  Or when you look at yourself in the mirror for a long time and think about your name over and over again until you and the girl in the mirror are two separate people and all of a sudden you are watching Rhianna but who are you?  You're name isn't Rhianna too... is it?

Maybe I'm the only person that does that?  But I'm pretty sure I'm not.  

Today was a snow day.  I'm hoping there is ice tonight and I get another tomorrow.  Don't tell anyone though.  It makes me a bad person.  Right?  

I'm finishing my sleepytime tea and going to bed.

I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment