6.27.2008

hair.

Everyone keeps asking me how I got my hair to be so long and healthy so fast. Two people have even asked if I've gotten extensions because my hair has grown at a rapid pace. Here is the secret to my success:
1. have good hair genes. my hair has always been thick, manageable, and shiny. idk... I just got lucky I suppose. And it's always grown pretty fast.
2. horse poo. (Lo told me about this). I use Mane and Tail shampoo for horses every other day or every few days, using regular (human) shampoo in between. It strengthens your hair and makes it incredibly soft and shiny. Plus it smells good.
3. regular trims. I trim my hair constantly. There are few things that I detest more than split ends. For some reason people think cutting your hair just little bits will keep it short, but my hair grows so fast and it is much healthier when I cut the ends every few weeks. And yes, I do it myself. Hair dressers tend to get to snip happy and cut off too much.
4. don't over use the heat. Especially now that it is summer, I try to let my hair air dry as much as possible. Even though this is frustrating because I have so much hair that it takes forever to dry, I still try to do this. And I only straighten my hair every once in a while.
5. biotin. I always take a multi-vitamin, but in addition to that I take biotin which is a b vitamin complex that helps your skin, hair, and nails.

There you have it. The secret to my hair success. So get growin'!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment