6.04.2008

I guess I'll blog..

I'm sitting here at work, with nothing to do (at the moment), and feeling very sick to my stomach (for reasons I will not disclose, but no, I'm not preggers). I guess I'll blog.

NYC Day one -
Audry and I flew out of Lex and had a quick layover in Chicago, then it was finally to Laguardia. I carried on my bag, she checked hers... I'm glad I just did carry-on because her bag didn't even make it on the plane in Lexington. So Audry had no clothes. But I reassured her I would let her borrow mine as we are pretty much the same size, though she's taller, and I'm much fatter... but it evens out? Anyway. Cameron meets us at the airport. Cameron is Audry's pseudo-boyfriend, but that's another story and I don't want to get into that on here... but for confusion's sake, from here on out, I will refer to Cameron as her boyfriend. We took a bus over to Manhattan, then got on the subway down to Kate's apartment. She (and Cam) both live on the upper east side. Very nice. We get to Kate's and change, then we all decide to go down to the village to eat at a wonderfully delicious mexican restaurant that Kate's company did the menus for last summer. We hopped the 6 downtown, then walked for ages (I love walking in the city, so much to see). I'm not a gaucamole person at all, but they did fabulous things to that avacado and I'm now a believer. So thank you La Palapa. After dinner, we walked over to Pinkberry. In case you aren't familiar, Pinkberry is heaven on earth. At least, dessert heaven. Fabulous frozen yogurt (like actually yogurt that's been frozen) with whatever fruit you want. I had a small, regular pinkberry with blackberries and rasberries... and I also had small orgasms in my mouth... I needed a cigarette after. ;) I'm very sad that they won't open the place anywhere beside L.A. and NYC, sigh. Once we consumed our desserts we walked back to the subway and then to Kate's, by this time it was around 11pm and we were all tired and Kate had to get up for her first day of work the next day. Kate's apartment is actually a nice size for Manhattan, and she has her own room with a queen size bed, so that's saying something. She has four other roommates that all have their own room, there is a bathroom, kitchen, and sitting room which they share. I was impressed with the space. She got the room because it's her boyfriend's brother's girlfriend's room and she had an internship in L.A. for the summer, normally she (the bf's bff's gf) attends The New School as an architecture student. Kate totally got lucky and scored a nice place.

That about sums up day one... we didn't get in until 6:30ish, so we didn't have much time to do things. The rest of the days are more fun and adventure-filled. But I don't want to write about them now. I'm feeling ridiculously sick and need to put my head down.

No comments:

Post a Comment