11.10.2008

blahblahblahwhinewhinewhineyaaaaawn

Ugh. Classes are just getting me down. They feel so pretentious, just sitting and discussing books and espousing all these lofty ideas about theory. I don't know. I just feel so jaded. Maybe I've become a victim of the crisis in the humanities. I'm just not feelin the whole talking about stuff but not taking action. I'm so glad I switched programs to English Education because education is something I feel passionate about. I love literature, don't get me wrong. I love words and language and stories and everything in the Language Arts, but I am just so over sitting around talking about it, listening to peers and professors talk about it and not DOING anything. I suppose you teach and learn while you're in class, but I just really miss being in the classroom. I can't wait to get back and be in the education system again instead of the pretentious academia. I want to help people, I want to teach them to question everything, I want to show them all the wonderful things I can, I am tired of being in these small English classes in grad school. I said it.

At least next semester I will be taking education classes instead of just English, they seem much more useful to me. Please don't get me wrong, I'm still the English nerd you've known forever, that persona has been 23 years in the making and it will never go away ... I love it ... but instead of talking to others who love it I want to teach others how to love it. Does this make sense? Whatever.

In other news -- I want to HURT some bitches that do wrong to my friends, I want to dance and sing so loudly at MoS, I want to sleep so deeply tonight that I don't have a dream about a natural disaster (which seems to be the theme for the past week, last night was forest fires), I want to be in a play again -- I haven't been on the stage in far too long, I want Christmas break.

No comments:

Post a Comment