12.09.2008

procrastination elation.

I'm blogging a lot today I think.  

Anyway... In class this evening I made a schedule of "stuff ya gotta git dun" and it makes me so sad.  Too many things to do for classes.

So, I have not checked off the (really kinda) small thing I have to finish this evening because I still have tons more hours of not sleeping to do it.  And I know that once I start, I could probably finish it within an hour - hour and a half, but where is the fun in that?!   I decided to take a long, hot shower, put away laundry that's been sitting in my closet forever, and battle with EKU Direct and change my schedule for next semester yet again.

I'm really excited about next year's schedule.  One of the Secondary Education classes I needed was only offered to a small cohort, but then they opened up another so I jumped on that, AND the best news is that it's taught by a lady that works with my boss whom I just love to pieces.  I'm so excited to take a class from her instead of the regular instructor of the class.   I'm also taking a horrible Educational Research class, or so I hear, but the good news is, I do educational research for my job so I'm really familiar with it all already and the class is mostly online and we only meet on campus 4 times next semester.  My last class is my one elective I get to take in my program - it has to be an English one and approved - so I asked if I could take a Digital Literacy class and they said yes!  It's taught by one of my professors now and is basically learning to make fun things on websites and such so I get credit for an English class without all the English - no speeding through novels and ridic essays on theory - WOOT!

Sigh.  Okay.  I told myself I would play around until 8pm and then get down to work.  I mean, all I have to do is make a detailed outline and write a couple paragraphs or so, but I just DON'T want to do it.  Ugh.

OH!  And I got a B+ on my first graduate school term paper!  I was SO excited.  I just missed a lot of silly little things - I really need to proof read more, and to be quite honest, I didn't spend as much time on the paper as I should have, so I was praying just to make a C+ or B- ... I need to stop settling for mediocre.  Even though I'm happy with my B+ I just keep thinking about if I actually put in the time and effort a graduate term paper demands, I could've gotten an A.  Oh well... I will take that B+ thankyouverymuch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment