2.04.2009

Wednesday Addams.

So I'm mentoring 7th and 8th graders this semester.  They have got to be the cutest!  The things they think and say are so fun :)  I volunteered for this online e-mentoring program.  I give them activities and answer questions and just talk to them about life and school over something similar to Blackboard!  I get to meet them face to face in April and I cannot wait!  

Sometimes I get frustrated that I have to do it everyday, like homework - because responding to them all takes me a good hour and a half at least to answer their questions and give them activities.  But they get so excited about it that I have to remember I'm doing it for them.  

I think it is a wonderful program and I wish I could have been in something like it when I was in middle school.  However, I did have a family that valued education so I always knew I was going to college.  Not all of these kids have that, so it's fun to know that maybe I'm making an impact by letting them know how great college really is and that it is possible for them to get to college.  I'm learning so much myself by researching different scholarships for them.  I wish I had known about some of the scholarships!  Crazy.  Oh well.

Today I'm thankful for my BA and my Teaching Certificate and my half-way completed MA.  :)

Oh, and I'm also thankful for the two-hour delay!!!!! ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment