5.12.2011

gramps.

Mister and I are packing things up today for a weekend trip.  Part of the reason for our trip back to KY this weekend is to finish the last of the packing, clean my apartment, settle things with utility companies, and complete the move.  It's kind of crazy to think this will be my last scheduled time in KY for a bit.  Of course, I'm sure I'll be up there soon enough for a mini-trip -- but next time I go, none of my stuff will be there.  Weird.

But -- the main reason why we are going up this weekend is to stay with my parents and then go up with them on Saturday to my Aunt Marilyn's neck of the woods (about 1.5 hours away) to celebrate my grandfather's 90th birthday!  WHOA!  How amazing is that?!  I'm pretty excited because I will see so much of my family.  All of my mom's siblings will be there (she's 1 of 9) and bunches of cousins and everything to celebrate my gramps.  I'm pretty darn stoked.  I can't wait to see everyone for the day long celebration!  It will be so much fun.  -- The reason for the picture:  my grandfather was a paratrooper in World War II.  He was heavily decorated in the war.  Unfortunately, he's also never really been the same after it -- Post Traumatic Stress and all.  But he's still kicking, and super healthy, and the greatest story teller I'll ever know (mainly because he just doesn't STOP telling stories - ha!). 

90 Years!  So exciting to think about all he's seen.  I'm thankful for all the "long-genes" in my family.

Have a wonderful weekend, loves! 

1 comment: