5.13.2009

fundamentals

Time has slowed this week. It's been good for me. Incredibly frustrating, but beneficial.

I've lost quite a bit of weight since moving out of the apartment. Of course, other factors went into it besides living in the apartment... but being out of there has helped me so much.

Does anyone want to go to Thailand and/or Hong Kong with me? Maybe Singapore. I'm deadly serious about this silliness. I want to be in Asia. Let's find cheap tickets and go for a week, or two, or forever.

Okay, now for some business...
Rhianna's Summer Reading 2009:
(in no particular order)
-The Origin of Species by Darwin
-White Noise by DeLillo
-A Brief History of Time by Hawking
-Sometimes a Great Notion by Kesey
-The Annotated Sherlock Holmes by Doyle
-The Bluest Eye by Morrison
-At the Heart of the White Rose by (forgot to write author down...sigh)
-A Thousand Acres by Smiley
-Crows Over a Wheatfield by Sharp
-Into Thin Air by Krakauer
-Contact by Sagan
-The Life & Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby by Dickens
-The Handmaid's Tale by Atwood
-The Year of Magical Thinking by Didion
-Memoirs by Neruda
-Reading in the Dark by Deane
-Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Kingsolver
-The Love we Share Without Knowing by Barzak
-something by Murakami and Bolano at Cecilia's suggestion!

... some of these I have read bits and pieces of, or have started but not finished due to school demands (or cheesy YA fiction that is so easy to read and lovely).

Let me know what you think about my list. Add or subtract. Whatever. I'm so excited for a summer of reading. I hope you are, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment